Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Strangest Secret by Earl Nightingale

I have a VHS video of The Strangest Secret by Earl Nightingale.  My copy is 18 minutes long and I purchased it after I saw it as part of a professional training event.  I showed it to may daughter when she was young, but it did not make an impression on her then.  I showed it to her again, recently, after she has graduated from college and gotten a few years of work experience.  This time her jaw dropped.  She now saw the truth and value of what Earl Nightingale.

Earl  Nightingale asks why we live like we do.  How is it that most people set the path of their lives.  He makes you stop and think.

The video is now available on YouTube:
Earl Nightingale - The Strangest Secret to Success of All Time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhG4_30OjuE

I encourage you to view it and show it to your children if you like it.  It is only 18 minutes long. Youngsters are still receptive in middle-school.  They might understand it better in high school, but few young people are receptive to parental influence in high school.  Then show them the video again after they've worked for a few years.  That is what worked in my family.

 Mr.  Nightingale presented a checklist.  Here it is, in abbreviated form:
  1. A goal
  2. Attitude
  3. Think
  4. As you sow, so will you reap.
  5. Truth
  6. Research and development
  7. You become what you think about most of the time.

Mr.  Nightingale mentioned a play, The Secret of Freedom by Archibald MacLeish.  Here is a link to what Mr.  Nightingale felt about that play:  http://www.awaken.com/2013/03/the-secret-of-freedom/

I hope The Strangest Secret by Earl Nightingale will be a boon to your children.

Your friend and neighbor,
Robert


No comments: